Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I has a pretty!

As you may have noticed, I'm making an attempt to make my blog prettier. Or at least, not so "default". Unfortunately, HTML and I are not great friends, so this might be as far as this one gets. So for the next while, there may be some cosmetic changes (hopefully improvements).

In-game, I haven't been doing much. Went on a trip to visit my parents, so I had a week of IRL time that happened to start the Wednesday after patch day. So, consequently I'm more than I week behind on Argent Tournament (I have 12 Valiant Seals for Exodar, not a Champion of anything yet), and I missed a week and a half of Ulduar raiding (UPDATE 05/02: successfully Championed Exodar last night!).

I caved and bought dual specs, since my roommate decided that she was going to teach me how to PVP. I am terrible at PVP, and if I'm being ganked I'll just stand there and take it. The sooner I die, the sooner I can rez and get back to questing, right? However, Frost is, uh, more survivable, and having some extra health from (crappy) PVP gear kinda helps. I only managed to beat Burstãngel twice, in what seems like dozens of duels, but what else can you expect when you're dueling one of the best ret pallies on the server >.>


So right after I've become comfortable with my Frost spec, I log on to find... talent point bug! Both of my trees had 63 of their points refunded (???). All the points where still accessible, but it was as if I had specced into the first tier of my tree, then stopped. All of my abilities were unlearned, and my points waiting to be spent. I respecced my Arcane tree, but since I, uh, don't know my Frost tree off by heart, it still needs to be fixed.

Hopefully, someday, I'll turn this into a productive blog. For now, I'll make it pretty.

3 comments:

  1. I have been considering dual spec just for kiting in Naxx... maybe I will have to invest in some frost talents....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS pretty! I like it!

    Quote from you: "I am terrible at PVP, and if I'm being ganked I'll just stand there and take it. The sooner I die, the sooner I can rez and get back to questing, right?"

    Quote from my first blog entry, ever: "Plus, any time I got ganked while leveling, I just kind of stood there and took it. I figured the faster they kill me, the faster I can get back to my body, and the faster I can keep on leveling."

    LOL.

    So yes, I totally understand where you're coming from. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gnome: best thing to invest points in for kiting in naxx is probably imp. blizzard (and maybe frostbite and permafrost, if you have that many points to spare). free slows always help.

    @averna: I know :( hence why I am so disappointed with school of hard knocks. there's a reason I've only ever acquired maybe 50k honour and 1500 HKs.

    ReplyDelete